Thursday, April 8, 2010

Disappointing Day... @.@

I’m really disappointed. My programming presentation was out of my expectation. Although the mark I got is acceptable but I can’t see the reason why the other group can get higher mark than my group. Our presentation ran smoothly with quite clear explanation. I think the only reason is our graphic display not so attractive compare with others. But…is that a programming more on graphic than the functions? What I think before is complete the functions first then only you add on extra things like nice graphic…Do you think that a good graphic program is a good program? I’m much much confused that what is the main thing our lecturer want…not base on the function not base on the question…if you are given a question then you have to answer the question right? If the answer is not totally answering the question but the grammar is very good, then will you accept the answer? The program I wrote is not much problems will occur and quite user-friendly (I think ^^).
Ok, come to main part, our question is plaza toll, what we have done is a group of vehicles will come to the plaza toll and enter different lanes. There are three types of lane – cash, touch&go and smart tag. The vehicles will pass through the tolls and will be traffic jam during peak hour. We can open or close or change the type of the lane to solve the traffic jam problem. We can record the information of the traffic and view it in table form or graph. The graph is my quite proud achievement actually…but it doesn’t help my group to get any extra mark…@@~~~and our coming vehicle is infinity until the end of the program…what other groups did is set how many vehicles you want on the beginning…I think that my program is more advance right? Maybe you are not agree with me but it’s doesn’t matter because I just want to write down what I feel now.
Some more only mine can edit the status and type of the lane…and my friends program setting is changed by edit the source code…I really got nothing to say about this…if you have taken C++ then you will know about this… For me, I will fail this program because our program is for user not for us. How are the users going to change the setting by changing the source code? Why our Dr. Syamsiah never look at this point? The program which is easy to use and understand not a good program? But by not convenient program is a good program? Now I’m going to talk about the graph again, I’m very “chang qi” right? The graph I did is by C++ method leh… The other one is save the data in excel then use the excel to show the graph..swt lll Who don’t know build graph by excel… do you think build a graph by excel is better achievement than build a graph in C++? Of course for normal people they prefer to excel but we are programmer… Our course is base on the C++ !!! We are going to build program or software ourselves but not using other completed software to do what we want… Now I started to ask myself is that I have choose the stupid way to get extra mark… The way is so easy save the file and put it in excel then show the graph. The user has to change window then only can see the graph… Mine just enter “4” and some more my program can show 3 types of graph, the information is always updated. Haiz… until here I don’t know what I should have said already… just want to give myself a chance to release my expression… After this I have to prepare for my final exam and I should work hard for it. Gambateh!!! (for myself and my friend who are going to face their exam) haha!!! Before this I’m planning go to Sungai Wang on this Saturday, but now I think I have to consider again whether I got mood to go or not…ok, if you are reading until here I should said thank you to you for your patience…thank you so much to my group members ^^

No comments: